Our Key Worker offers a variety of services to families who are living with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, including:
- assisting families in understanding FASD by providing education and information specific to the needs of the child and family.
- assisting families in accessing support, health and education services development of local support services.
- providing emotional and practical support to families.
- working with community professionals to develop local support services
- Working within a strengths-based, family centered model, the Key Worker helps families living with FASD to build a supportive environment that is adapted to meet their needs.
Parents are welcome to self-refer to the program without an assessment, or at any point during the assessment process. Key Worker services are not restricted to a family whose child qualifies for, or completes an assessment.
The FASD Key Worker Program is funded by the Ministry of Children and Family Development.