Hospice is a new program to Mt. Waddington that is operating without any funding. We are looking for people to sit on a committee to plan and implement fundraising activities and write for grants.
Funds will help to provide:
- palliative and bereavement support training to Hospice volunteers
- provide a mileage stipend to volunteers travelling throughout Mt. Waddington to provide Hospice support
- training regarding First Nation’s end of life practices
- training in advance life planning
- advertising and awareness
Time required: Varies, but approximately 8 – 10 hours per month
For more information:
please contact Althea Vermaas, Executive Director @ 250-949-8333 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill out the volunteer application form located in the ‘Resources’ tab and either email, mail or bring it in to the office.