Posted on: April 15, 2017
Assistant to the Executive Director
Open until filled
In this 35 hour a week position, the Assistant to the Executive Director assists the Executive Director oversee the day-to-day operation of the Society and its staff. This includes ensuring the delivery of appropriate quality services, meeting external compliance standards, expanding services to other sites and communities, integrating services with other programs, and evaluating programs and outcomes
The Assistant to the Executive Director is also responsible to maintain productive and collaborative relationships within the organization and with community partners and funders, seeking out and assisting in securing new revenue sources.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Executive Director, as needed, with the development and implementation of the strategic plans, budgets, and training plans.
- Provide active leadership to the program staff through consultation, training and support in accordance with agency values and guidelines.
- Collecting and analyzing staff reports and statistics
- Oversee quarterly client file reviews and report outcomes to Executive DIrector
- Assist and support programs
- Maintain/oversee Society website and Facebook pages
- Participate and provide mentorship in the accreditation and quality improvement processes.
- Actively participate in the orientation of new staff members.
- Actively monitor compliance in accordance with contract requirements.
- Comply with and enforce agency administrative procedures and policies
- Work with staff to develop and follow a comprehensive approach to prevent, manage, reduce risk and protect the Society’s resources and assets, including property, income, liability, human resources, reputation, mission, governance, fiduciary, vulnerable populations, and risk associated with inter-agency collaboration
- Actively promote NICCCS and our programs with our community partners to assure maximum cooperation, high quality services, and further program development.
- Attend and participate in meetings at NICCCS, with other stakeholders, related committees and working groups, locally and regionally and in other relevant meetings as needed.
- Assist with grant writing and other fundraising efforts.
- Assist with proposal writing
- Managing Staff Files – HR Software and HR Database
- Assist Admin team with basic accounting functions and other general office duties as required.
ABILITIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Self-motivation and initiative is a required skill for this position
- Excellent Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software a must;
- Ability to motivate and develop direct service providers towards excellence in their work
- Strong organizational skills and timely follow-up managing complex tasks associated with providing services under multiple contracts with different expectations, requirements, and outcomes
- Solid communication (written and oral), collaboration and intervention skills
- Able to effectively and respectfully resolve conflicts
- Proven ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural/multi-ethnic environment
- Able to balance competing demands and maintain effective working relationships with staff, participants, volunteers, collaborators, and the general public
- Exceptional team building and leadership skills
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in not for profit agencies
- Experience working within ethnically-diverse communities and communities experiencing trauma, addictions and poverty.
- Accounting experience and fluency with Simply Sage 50 would be preferred
- Non-Violence Crisis Intervention
- Emergency First Aid/CPR
HOW TO APPLY
Email covering letter and resume to Althea Vermaas, Executive Director: email@example.com
Please write ‘Assistant to the Executive Director’ in the subject line.